Thursday, July 23, 2009

Goose Shit Free Zone...

This is what I predict we will begin to see in real estate listings in the near future. In fact, I'm quite surprised we haven't seen it already. Seriously, I do not live on the lake in Nottingham, but I do walk my dogs in the neighborhood and often traverse past the lake. Nottingham boasts beautiful walking paths near several bodies of water (yes, they're man-made) and trickling 'streams'. And isn't it wonderful to see all the ducks, pipers, and majestic Canadian Geese cutting their way through the mirrored surface of these lakes, waddling along the grassy banks with their million little fluffy babies? But of course it is. Until you step in a pile of Goose Shit. Pardon my language, but sometimes that word is the only one that is suitable.

I wouldn't care if it were only a bit here and there. But the sidewalks/paths along the lakes are so pock-marked with piles of the disgusting sticky gunk, it is akin to walking the gauntlet! I resorted to passing on the other side of the street, but recently...those sidewalks have also been rendered unmanageable.

So...when I list my house on the market (whenever that may be), I will likely include a 'Goose Shit Free Zone' comment on the highlight sheet. I will certainly inquire/research/confirm the Goose situation in the area I move to as well.

BTW - I am fully aware of the fact that this issue arises due to man's encroachment upon the natural wetlands and purposeful yet often inadequate man-made creations of lakes and waterways so there is no need to lecture me on this issue. I assure you I feel great sympathy for the plight of the wild creatures forced to live within a stone's throw of a human residence but that doesn't mean I must relish the thought of stepping in a heaping pile of goose shite.

2 comments:

  1. ewww get it off! I watch them from a distance as I have heard they can be quite nasty and not just in a dropping sense - a mean goose (or a gaggle of 'em) nipping at your legs is not exactly my idea of a lovely lakeside stroll (manmade or otherwise)...they are beautiful though and they were here first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. grows but so true it's like going through a mine field on those paths ha ha

    ReplyDelete