Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The American Is Coming!

My Dad is visiting! He came up to Canada for the first time in '91 when Logan, now 19, was only 11 months old. The next visit came in '92 when Sharayah, now 17, was but 3 months old. His last visit was in '96. So, as you can see, it's been some time since his last visit and I'm so excited. I'm grateful that he is equally interested in the simple catch-up visiting and sight seeing. I really want to take him to see the falls near Jasper. I saw them when Linda and I went to Jasper years ago to escape for a writers' wknd. I'll have to ask her for directions, etc.

My dad is well acquainted with the mountains as my mother is from Colorado, so the Rockies are not a novel thing to him, although the mountains have always been one of his favorite! I would love to take him to tour Banf Springs Hotel. Now that's a sight you don't see every day. He would absolutely love to visit Drumheller. We could always go to the Zoo, Museum (is there an exhibit on right now?), Fort Edmonton...any other ideas? I'm open to suggestions. If I knew of a good play, either at a stage theatre or dinner theatre, I'd be game to try that as well.

He arrives on the 10th of August and departs on the 25th. So the time is brief and I don't want to overwhelm with an obnoxious itinerary. His birthday is in August, so I want to have a cake and I want to go to build a bear before he arrives to make him a welcome-to-Canada bear. Sharayah suggested to use the moose they have and put an American flag in his hand. That would be cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment