Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome to Canada, Dad!

Wow! I cannot believe it has been nearly two months since last I blogged! Eeeek! So much has happened since Aug. I will try to catch up. My dad came out for a two week visit mid August. It was so nice to see him. We did a lot of catching up. He read 9 books (No, I'm not boring, according to him, he's just a super fast reader!). We took him on an overnight to Canmore and Banff Springs Hotel. I love going there. It's like stepping back in time when you walk through the castle. That's right, I said castle. Could you imagine actually calling a structure like that "home"? Sigh----- Anyway, Dad couldn't stay forever and had to go back to hot Wichita, Kansas where, for over a month, it has been over 100 degrees F and never under 90 percent relative humidity. Ugh! That's muggy Wichita for you. Dad enjoyed the cool evenings and balmy days (we were cooking at 24 degrees C - but he felt 'comfortable'. Go figure!) Love you Dad. Miss you. Wish you were here!

Dinner on the last day of Dad's visit (Sharayah and Theo had a previous engagement.) Many stories, jokes and laughs were exchanged. A wonderful way to end a fabulous visit.

We had a delicious meal at Earl's in Banf before heading home. I hadn't been to Earl's in over a year, so it was a real treat...not to mention it was a cheat on my diet. Sorry Dr. Bernie!

On the rapids path at Banff National Park (across from the hotel). Gorgeous!

Aren't we an attractive bunch :)

This amazing critter was napping in a cozy alcove of the castle walls.

The wonder of God's creation - Banff

Look, Sharayah! I took this to try to impress you. Did it work? huh? huh?

Most importantly, we would never have been able to take Dad anywhere if it weren't for Sharayah and Theo. They took good care of all my babies. (left to right- Tucker, Sadie, William, Olivia. The Chis were sleeping at the time of this picture: Joey, Graci, Pixie Wiggles and Molly.) Thank you guys, I hardly worried at all, honest... well, ok...maybe just a bit. Love you.

1 comment: