
I wish I had something to report or at least something encouraging to report. We met with our realtor to draft an offer on the Kennel. The vendor absolutely freaked when he heard our offer. Apparently, he felt the need to swear, rave and rant. Whatever. We've learned they may be facing a divorce of sorts. Again...whatever. The drama of real estate. Ho-hum. Their realtor is going to approach the wife when she is alone to see if she's willing to consider the offer. I know, what kind of realtor presents an offer in a very delicate situation to only one of the vendors (and not even the one who actually wants to sell). Stupid with a capital "S", no? So now, we sit and wait. They have had three showing and no action, all have requested the 'secret' books for the business and had no luck receiving them. Sounds like the vendors need to sit on the property for a while. How long? Long enough for a good dose of reason to set in. Bryan and I have to face the fact that that may never happen. Some people are just that removed from reason.
Thus ends my rant. (Doggy knows how I feel. He really wants me to get that place, too!)
And who is Doggy???? huh huh?
ReplyDeleteYou will "get what you need" when it's ready and when the time comes. Don't give up, my friend. It is a good dream... (hmmmm, Viggo said that in LOTR...)
Yeah, no kidding. Get this...we are putting in an offer tomorrow for $1,000,000.00 (wow! That's a lot of zeros). Here's the thing. We CANNOT afford that, but the number is irrelevant but is a hook so we can see the books. I'm not sure what the guy expects. So, we offer 1million with a bunch of conditions but we at least get to view the books which will give us a chance to enter into further negotiations for a better, more realistic, price. What a dog and pony show, sheesh! But, boy oh boy, if it actually worked out? Hmmmmm btw - I can actually picture Aragorn when he said that. Funny how certain pictures sit in your head. PS: the 'doggy' is just a stock web pic but I thought, judging by his expression, he knew exactly how I was feeling. Cute little pug, no? Reminds me of one of my clients, Bailey.
ReplyDelete