

What the heck? When I think of the Nobel Peace Prize, I think of Mother Teresa. To put Obama in the same class as proven, selfless humanitarians is an insult. Of course I should not be too surprised. They did give one to Al Gore, didn't they? Sorry, but based on these last two selections, the Nobel selection committee have failed to ring true with me. It has become nothing more than a blatant popularity contest. The committee said they awarded the prize to Obama because of his well publicized intentions. Give me a break!
Bryan informed me that former Pres. Reagan was a nominee for his key participation in the dismantling of the Berlin Wall. Now that is a thing to be awarded!On behalf of the human race, my apologies, Mother Teresa and company.
At the very least, if they were set on giving the guy one, let him have a few years to do some real good and prove his abilities and worth. We would know then, if he should be in such company. Did they give it to him because he is the first African-American President?
ReplyDeleteApparently, the selection committee said they awarded it to Obama because of his 'intent'. Hmmmm. So now the Nobel Peace Prize is for intent and not actually achievements. Wow! What a crock! I actually sense that he is, perhaps, slightly embarrassed that they gave it to him. If I were him, I would have withdrew my name from the nominations because I did not believe I have yet accomplished anything noteworthy of the accolade to date. Can you imagine how this would have affected his waning popularity? I hear that Pres Reagan was nominated due to his involvement in bringing down the Berlin wall. Now that is a thing to be acknowledged.
ReplyDelete