11,981 words (3,018 of which were written tonight). This is a very good thing as I was beginning to panic about my dilemma. True, it's 1:00am, but I figure if I don't get to 18,000 words by the end of this week, I'm gonna be behind the eight ball in a big way.
Panic grabbed hold of my feet and they hauled me outta the house faster than lightening on a dry summer night. I didn’t rightly know where they was taking me and I didn’t rightly care. I could feel the air hitting my tears as I ran but it did little to cool me. It takes a whole lot more than fast feet and a decent wind too blow away shame. (

You are doing awesome - don't panic! I was sleeping at that time - didn't even turn the computer on when I got home :) Needed to sleep (after I watched Dancing with the Stars)so that I don't get overtired and then get sick too. Don't need that!
ReplyDeleteI love the excerpt and am looking forward to reading the book. Love the last line.
Thanks for sharing.
Linda