Sunday, November 8, 2009

Why I Couldn't Blog Yesterday


I have found myself in quite the conundrum these past few days. In discussing the matter with my writing friends at the 2nd annual Words In The Park event at the library yesterday, I believe I've discovered what the impetuous to the problem with my neck was. Last week, I believe it was Wednesday, I was scaling the 30" doggy barrier we use to corral the pups (they haven't earned the privilege of free range within the house yet but are getting ever closer) when my foot caught on the top edge and I pitched forward into our four-poster bed -one of the large posts to be exact - Ouch! Thankfully, Graci and Joey were no worse for wear (I was holding them at the time) but I was bruised and sore within a couple of hours. Add to this, the intensive and lengthy runs of typing for NaNoWriMo and falling asleep on a too-worn sofa and I've developed a painfully swollen, tender and binding neck. My big achievement for yesterday was being in attendance at the Words In The Park event. Once the triple advil (not supposed to take that much but I get 'drunkish' on painkillers so I didn't dare, knowing I was going to be in public) took affect, I was able to visit with friends and other attendees. I enjoyed the poetry that was read and the visit with Dr. Kwantes (vet author) and Kelly Ross ("The 5th C"). An afternoon hanging out with writing friends and authors is a fabulous way to take a mind off one's crimpy neck.




1 comment:

  1. It was a good day and I am glad you were there as well as Karen, Joe and Marlene. It is a great group and a great cause.

    Hope your crimpy neck is feeling better!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete