As I have mentioned before, this Christmas marks the first "Secret Santa" (drawing one name per person) style Christmas for our family. I will say, it was a superb hit! Everyone enjoyed shopping (I suspect we enjoyed it because we knew we weren't going to have to do it for hours upon hours), wrapping and anticipation of the opening. Having only one gift under the tree did not, in any way, deter from the Christmas spirit dwelling within our home that day. Actually, I would go so far as to say the single gift was greatly appreciated and the bond between the gift and giver was bolstered by the act. Could we say that in this case....less is truly more? I'm so excited for next Christmas. I wonder who my Secret Santa will be in 2010?
Every Christmas day must begin with the cooking of the turkey.
The Chef supervises as the Sous Chef pops the bird into the oven.
Matt pops by to say his "good byes" on his way to the airport. He has a hockey game tomorrow so his coach wants him back in Texas today. Always nice to see you, Matt. Maybe next time, you can stay a while?
Gift opening begins... Sharayah received bath paraphernalia from her secret santa - Sarah.
Theo received a board game "Dirty Minds" (not what you think and absolutely hilarious!) from his secret santa - Logan. He loves his board games, this guy.
Sarah received a gel, wrist support mouse pad (now she doesn't have to use her desk top) and a Starbucks coffee card from her secret santa - 'Dad'.
Logan received an x-box live card from his secret santa - 'mom'. Now he can play on-line (a real treat!)
Bryan received the much desired and requested Keith Urban CD and a Starbucks coffee card from his secret santa - Sharayah.
Bryan was especially taken with the gift he received from Linda. It was so unexpected and prime for a drummer, he was touched by her thoughtfulness. The coffee card was added to his collection - he was like a kid in a candy store! Can a Starbucks addict ever have too many gift cards? lol
Twilla, loved the pics 'n story.....made me feel like I was there 'cept for I didn't get to open my present......he he.......just joking of course.......love that little Gracie; she is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteThis is the third attempt at a comment.....if this one doesn't go through I may have to resort to the the 'STICK'........!
Glory Be.........It worked !!!
ReplyDeleteThat was a fun day for everyone by the looks of it - everyone got something they truly wanted, loved and will enjoy!
ReplyDeleteGlad Bryan liked the gift - it was my pleasure to give (have musicians in the house too :)
Good job at xmas post!