
One of Bryan's Nashville buddies, Chris McHugh, recently married during a scenic park ceremony. This fellow trotted by with his dog sitting 'shotgun'. We are uncertain what, if any, role the trio played in the wedding ceremony but it was a sight that caught my attention.
This is an unlikely pairing as Australian Cattle Dogs are a herding breed which are notorious for 'herding' any species that will comply. Horses, being the prey and a pure flight species, are justifiably cautious of dogs that herd them. To see these two living in harmony is a testament to how the bond of friendship can break through 'natural' walls.

I have friendships that the world may view as odd or unlikely. I am a practicing Christian, yet one of my very closest of friends is an atheist. I love her to pieces and cannot imagine my life without her. I am a staunch non-smoker, yet two of my closest friends are heavy smokers. Again, I could not imagine my life without their companionship.
It was once suggested that I can maintain these friendships because I can forgive these people. I was absolutely horrified and those of you who truly know me will have no difficulty imagining what came next! Thaaaaaat's right! I let them have it with both barrels. Forgiveness? How condescending! I know why I can enjoy these precious friendships. Because true respect and love for the individual transcends the greatest of differences.

Do you have a friendship that would be perceived as odd or unlikely?

LOVED the pictures (all of them)!...:)
ReplyDeleteOn friendship - True friendship is not born or does not die based on conflicting beliefs. I have always asked "Who am I to sit in judgement of others whose lives & beliefs are unlike mine?" Would our world not be so much more wonderful if everyone viewed friendship in a more loving way - the word itself demands that - without, it isn't really frienship.....after all if I'm considered a friend because I fit a certain mould, I no longer will be when circumstance reshapes that mould (on either side).
Truer words cannot be spoken.
ReplyDelete"...true respect and love for the individual transcends the greatest of differences..." -this is one for the wine and wisdom workshop. Wonderful summation on the true meaning of friendship. You are both the essence of what true friendship is as it embraces all that is unique about ourselves and melds it with the qualities of others we do not possess. I think only those people that can do that can experience true friendship because they accept the differences and in doing so learn more about themselves and become stronger in their own beliefs.
ReplyDelete