Thursday, September 30, 2010

Let's Here It For The Siesta!

 

Ever have one of those days? 

This past monday I woke to a rain pelted window pane. It was overcast and grey skies loomed. It was that type of rain that muffles everyday noises and puts a slight chill in the air. One can't help but be inrospective on a day like that...AND TIRED!

Come 2pm, I could not keep my eyes open! So, I laid down for a nap. As I drifted off, my thoughts fell on the Siesta. I think we could all do with a mid afternoon nap every once in a while, no? In Latin countries, everything shuts down so people can have a rejuvenating Siesta. I think this is a practice we should adopt!

4 comments:

  1. I can feel your tiredness (and see it... did you know there are three ways to spell "siesta" when you are sooooo tired?

    p.s. cute post

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...thanks for the subtle clue, girl :) i think they're fixed now :s thought about leaving it but the wanna-be-writer in me had to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I remember having siesta's when I was in Italy. It made for a more invigorating night life that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I'm not getting is an up to date blog from you Missy!!!

    ReplyDelete