Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Bit of This and That

Got to sleep in nice and late (11:00am). Called my dad, wished him belated father's day and Happy 4th of July. Had nice visit and he mentioned he was planning to come out in August! Wow! Been waiting a while for that! He'll be solo but that's ok with me. He decided on August because Habitat Humanity shuts down for the month so he said it's a good time for him. He was volunteering couple times a day but now he's there nearly 5 days a wk. He's a crew leader. I told him that if he didn't enjoy it, he wouldn't do it. He agreed. He said when people ask him why he goes so often he just tells them, "If I didn't think it was a good program doing good for people who need it, I wouldn't be here."

Bryan got the deck painted. I put in 1.5 hrs ystrday and about 1 hr today before my shoulder, hands and neck cramped up. Theo and Sharayah stuck it out for a while longer. Their help was appreciated. Bryan was out there from 1pm - 10:15pm. Such a sucker for punishment. The only thing left to do is a 2nd coat on the deck boards. He looks awfully tired and tomorrow, he has a full day of carpet cleaning.

Molly had a teensy accident on the carpet today. 1st time she's "missed". Good thing her bladder is only the size of a thimble. I expanded their perimeter during their noon break and the accident occurred after 9:30pm, so not too bad.

Stuck to my diet - stellar - today. My weigh in is tomorrow and I suspect I will either be the same (if I'm lucky) or a bit of a gain. We'll see. 5 steps forward....2 steps back. Unfortunately, on the Bernstein diet... those are very expensive steps.

Off to bed now. Tootles.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch sounds painful painting that deck with your neck and back! mine would get swore too. Don't worry about your diet it's ok to cheat every now and again I mean after all we're human! ;) I'm glad to see you keeping up with the blogging awesome job!

    ReplyDelete