Took Graci for a walk this morning with the poodle gang. She did quite well - stayed with the pack, responded to corrections when she got too far ahead. She's still looking for her 'place' and tends to wind herself up, behind, over and around the others (this makes for quite a tangle in the leashes) but, all-in-all, I was pleased with her progress. Upon arriving home, I put the poodles in the house and worked solo with her for a few minutes on her auto-sit at the stop. I think 1/2 a dozen 10 min sessions and she'll have it solid. I really wanted to start Joey, but I'm going to give him a couple of days yet to recover. I don't want to push him too far, too soon. Pixie and Molly are going to follow soon as well. With dad coming out in Aug (uk date so far. I called and left a msg for him this morning so I hope to hear a date from him soon), I want them to be a bit more squared away in their training.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Graci's Walk
Took Graci for a walk this morning with the poodle gang. She did quite well - stayed with the pack, responded to corrections when she got too far ahead. She's still looking for her 'place' and tends to wind herself up, behind, over and around the others (this makes for quite a tangle in the leashes) but, all-in-all, I was pleased with her progress. Upon arriving home, I put the poodles in the house and worked solo with her for a few minutes on her auto-sit at the stop. I think 1/2 a dozen 10 min sessions and she'll have it solid. I really wanted to start Joey, but I'm going to give him a couple of days yet to recover. I don't want to push him too far, too soon. Pixie and Molly are going to follow soon as well. With dad coming out in Aug (uk date so far. I called and left a msg for him this morning so I hope to hear a date from him soon), I want them to be a bit more squared away in their training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such a cutie but they all are, really. You have your hands full, literally... with all those leashes. Karen said she will find out what weekend is booked in August and will get back to us with a possible date for the writer's get-away. Looking forward to that!!!
ReplyDelete