Thursday, July 16, 2009

Joey's Ibuprofen Tail















I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well-wishes for Joey's recovery. He took a significant turn for the better ystrday afternoon and appears quite unaffected by the entire ordeal. He has to have another blood panel done in 3 wks time. I'm not looking forward to that because they have to take blood from his jugulars. The third panel will be done in a couple of months. The purpose of these tests is to determine if there will be any permanent damage to his kidneys/liver. The initial tests reveal minor damage to his kidneys and none to his liver - all good news.

It is interesting to note how many times people said, "You can't blame yourself. Accidents happen." I take issue with this sentiment. Although well meaning in intent, just who's fault is it then? I'm the one who acted carelessly and handled medication that I knew was toxic/lethal when they were up and about. I'm the one who dropped it. I'm responsible. PERIOD! What a tard!

Anyway, I also say that, although it is my fault and my fault alone, that does not sentence me to live the rest of my life under guilt and self-loathing. Joey forgave me (thank God they live in 'the now') so we're good. I promised myself, "never again". I can only imagine the sorrow I so narrowly escaped. I don't think I would handle it well if my carelessness had resulted in his demise. So sorry Joey - Mommy loves you!

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome mommy to your pups AND to your kids. An awesome wife to your husband and I am so happy to say you are a most awesome friend! I'm glad Joey is recovering. Love ya, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the power of prayer. :)

    ReplyDelete