for the animals we saw at a different viewing today. NOT to be mistaken for the property in the previous blog entry, this place was the dwelling wherein two hoarders lived. Over three thousand sq ft of house so packed with crap, there were only pathways available by which to navigate from room to room.

They have four dogs: a shepherd, a mini poodle and two jack russell terriers. The red mini poodle's hair was 3-4 inches long, filthy and severely matted.

The solid white jack russell appeared to have a bite on his back. They told our realtor on the phone that we had to wait till they were home cuz one of the jack russell terriers is vicious. When we arrived at the property, there was quite a commotion on the inside of the house and I suspect the little guy was bitten in the process. I have seen this occur many times. It is a common problem with unbalanced packs. (Below = a happy well-cared for "Jack" puppy.)
So, now, what else can I possibly do but report them to the SPCA? I made a call to them but they are closed. I left a msg (I really don't care if someone knows I called). I will call again on Monday. Those poor dogs! I also noticed that there was a fairly funky smell in the back part of the house where several bedrooms were locked with no access permitted. Can you imagine if they are running a puppy mill? I realize that my mind may "go there" more readily these days due to the recent revelation of our connection between our dogs and the West Edmonton puppy mill bust. Regardless, I will pursue this until I speak to a SPCA rep. I don't expect to sleep well, knowing that those dogs are living in that inhumane filth. I am not without compassion for hoarders as I recognize it is a mental illness but, wow! In my books, it's one thing to live in those conditions but to impose those conditions on an innocent animal...horrifying and unjust!
To see them go from conditions similar to this dwelling...
to a place that's safe and sound... That's all I care about.



No comments:
Post a Comment