Saturday, October 17, 2009

Me Thinks I'm Smitten! sigh*



This is the pond on the 40 acre property located very near the home. It is absolutely huge. A close estimate would be 10-12,000 sq ft surface. It is used for ice skating in the winter months and several weddings have been performed in the meadow at the far end where you can see a small "warming" cabin. It is very picturesque.

I've never thought of quonsets as 'nice' but I was rather impressed with this one. Far more sturdy than I originally thought it would be. It is nearly 1,800 sq ft and not more than a few years old. I think it would make a fabulous music studio for Bryan! It's comfortably close to the house (closer than barn/arena = less hair and other dog related products - lol). I understand you can finish the insides of quonsets to look like any other building except the roof lets in enormous amounts of light AND it can be heated in a more cost effective manner now-a-days.

This is the arena. I wish I had taken pictures of the inside. They spared no expense on this building's interior. Professional kick-boards line the perimeter of the building (no cheapo particle board used here) and only lacks the riding soil. The attached bit behind the arena is the stables: big enough to house 14 stalls. We learned that Goodon Enterprises put both buildings up in 14 days. A crew of 20 guys + 14 days resulted in a 10,440 sq ft facility! That is impressive! The homeowner prepared a Turkey dinner for the crew during the building days and generally fed them very well. If we used these buildings for the kennel/fitness centre, we would have to pour the concrete which would be a cost of nearly $100,000,00 :s Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment