Monday, October 12, 2009

She Ate What?

Boy, oh, boy. I just cannot seem to win with these dogs! I know the holidays are always bad for pets getting into food they should not. Things get messy and people get careless what with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Here is the latest on my pack.... This is Sadie (William in the background).
This is what was left after she (and maybe, Olivia) jumped up onto the table and helped herself to what we know was at least 4 raspberry tarts and possibly 1 butter tart (with its crap load of sugary syrup!).
Amazingly, she (nor Olivia) got ill. Hmmmmm - cheeky little pups! I had my eye on that last butter tart! Other than spending the remainder of the evening waddling around uncomfortably, she appeared no worse for wear. Please, DO NOT FEED PASTRIES TO YOUR DOG ON PURPOSE just because Sadie did well this time round. I consider us incredibly fortunate. Baked goods are chuck full of fat and can send a dog into a nasty, and possibly fatal, case of pancreatitis. Not worth it! And very expensive to treat! PS: No, these were not left on the floor. I put them there to get the pic. No need to encourage her to misbehave. lol

3 comments: