Will has been acting increasingly 'odd' for the past couple of weeks. I called the vet today and got him in to see Dr. Hannan (he's an excellent vet!). To make a long story short, he has infection in both ears, worse in the right. This explains part of the face rubbing on his right side. He also has a chipped tooth on his lower right side. It has been chipped for over two years but has never bothered him in the past. I knew it was likely taking a turn for the worse. He also had impacted anal glands (yummmmmmy!).I wrote in my journal before I left the house: "I predict that Will has an abscessed tooth, the one that is chipped and something is up with his anal glands. Possibly some intestinal upset."
I was shocked that he had the ear infections. Did not occur to me. Course...I don't have one of those fancy 'look-see' thingies the Doc uses to peer all the way down the dog's ear canal. lol

$89 later, Will has empty anal sacs (which we hope rectifies the discomfort he was showing around his back end), anti-inflammatory/antibiotic drops for his ears which have to go in each ear, twice daily for the next week. Then we will check to make sure he is all clear. If so, he is scheduled for surgery to extract that tooth - ASAP!

I felt bad for him so I took him to the pet store (I was running low on kibble) and bought him a peanut butter cookie with yogurt icing. Now THAT really is 'yummy'.
Though I was gonna put a pic of anal sacs on the entry, didn't you? lol
ReplyDeleteLOL well if we're getting technical you put a picture of YOUR cookies not William's ... lol
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THE PICTURE OF WILLIAM - can I draw paint or immortalize him somehow ???
Fooled you! Look closely...those are gourmet doggie biscuits! Human grade, thank goodness, cuz I just couldn't resist! lol Delicious and a great way to gross out your kids! (The human ones.) And, "Yes" you can immortalize any of my furry kids whenever, however you like.
ReplyDeleteThose cookies look good enough to eat however I did recognize them!
ReplyDeleteHope William is soon WELL!