Wednesday, August 11, 2010

WAAAAAAAY Too Much Of A Good Thing


Wow! Rain Much? Seems all we've been seeing is rain, rain and more rain. Surely the farmers will be growing concerned soon, if they aren't already. I miss the warm summer rains from back home. I remember when I first moved to Canada (Winnipeg, MB). It was my first spring rain and I decided to go walking barefoot in the rain as that was a favorite delight of mine.

I got as far as the driveway. It was absolutely freezing! I turned my southern behind around and fled back to the house where my husband reminded me how far north I was. My mother-in-law gave me a cup of hot tea and my father-in-law hugged me. Ho-Hum...Yet another lesson for a desert born girl.

2 comments:

  1. Not working! What is 'this' anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mandy - lol!
    @twilla - love the picture collage and rain is a blessing and a bain! Warm sunshine - missing it! Love your desert/southern behind story :)

    ReplyDelete