I'm collecting my resolve as the rest of the week will be more than a little interesting and, to be completely honest, I'm dreading it. It will, however, give me a chance to test myself: remain calm, maintain calm-assertive energy, breeeeeath.
It all started, early July, when Bryan was invited/hired to play at the Gideon convention in Calgary. I took the message and wrote down the dates. I should have checked the dates! When they said it was Aug 18, 19, 20, I thought, "Oh, a long weekend". That wouldn't be a problem at all. BUT....and this is a very big "BUT"....it falls on a Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat! I'm not sure where that fourth date came from but, oh well, either way....I'm screwed!
First, the middle of the month is our busiest for inspections, EEEEEKKKKKK! I could handle a busy day on a Friday, but to cover all the inspections for the majority of the week? Lord, help me. In those three days, I have 8 (count 'em - 8) inspections to do. Add to this, 8 (count 'em - 8) dogs to care for and, in Twilla Land, you have the perfect recipe for stress.

If it weren't for my daughter, who has agreed to look after the dogs for me on Thurs and Fri which have 3 inspections, back-to-back, I do not know what I would do!

Generally, I do a dozen or so inspections a month when we are really busy and I have handled 3 inspections in one day before. It makes for a tiring day but it is do-able. So I will choose to put on my big-girl pants and sally forth! I will take this opportunity to practice calm, peace, the art of breathing. Besides, if I had realized that the dates fell during the week and we were going to get booked up like this, I still would NOT have suggested Bryan turn the gig down. I want to support him in his music endeavors and a hectic week is the least I can do.

So....if you don't hear from me in the next few days, no worries. I'll be back!
Good post that puts us all into your perspective for the next few days! Take care and remember to eat proper and sleep enough so you don't completely wear yourself out - others love to share your time, too, but we'll wait until you are back to "normal."
ReplyDeleteMost certainly breath and sleep deeply, eat well and stay calm. We are here if you need support, as always.
ReplyDelete